How deadly are the risks of birth control pills?

BCP's. There are potential serious risks with use of oral combined contraceptives. This includes; ^ risk for stroke, heart attack, blood clots, cervical cancer. Women who smoke, have diabetes, hypertension, renal diseases and vascular diseases are at higher risk.
Pregnancy is worse! If you don't want to be pregnant consider a long acting, reversible method of birth control like an implant or IUD so that you don't have to remember to take a birth control pill. Easy to place and fewer side effect as well because the amount of hormone that your body is being exposed to is lower than that with pills and is a sustained release and so you don't develop high blood levels, very safe!
Variable. They are FDA Approve medicine. Side effect usually depend on your individual risk factors. such as personal history of blood clot, family history of blood clot, cancer and few others.
Depends. Birth control pills have risks mostly in smokers and those over 35 years old. Birth control pills have been known to prevent cancer in certain ethnicities and cause cancer in others. The main concern are the side effects, but a good ob/gyn and reading the package insert of the medication should help prevent that.
May get DVT OR PE . The mayor risk are deep vein thrombosis which are clots on the legs that may travel to the heart a from there to the lungs. If it is sufficiently large may cause a large pulmonary embolus which could be lethal if extremely big.