Can you tell me how I could fix my temporomandibular joint dysfunction?

Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Diagnose the problem

In order to fix your TMJ dysfunction, one has to know what kind of problem you are having and what caused it or is causing it.
TMJ dysfunction can be due to a number of different etiologies, so therapy can vary. You can start with your dentist who may be able to diagnose and possibly treat you, or be referred to someone who has more experience in treating TMJ disorders.

In brief: Diagnose the problem

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: TMJ expert

Complex problems.
Modalities of treatment include meds, physical therapy, splints, injections, occasional surgery. See a TMJ expert.Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.

In brief: TMJ expert

Complex problems.