I had a bubion surgery. Now I have pain in the ball of my foot. What can be its cause? What can I do to prevent orease the pain?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Capsulitis

Most bunion surgeries involve an osteotomy(surgical cut through the bone) to realign the toe.
A shortening of the first metatarsal occurs because of this cut. This will cause increased stress being placed on the second metatarsal. This can lead to inflammation and pain. Usually this will resolve over time as the second metatarsal adapts to this increased stress. Good shoes and supports help. Dr l.

In brief: Capsulitis

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Transfer of pressure

You may be getting transfer of pressures following the bunion surgery.
Have it evaluated by your surgeon and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Transfer of pressure

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Pamela Kirby
Podiatry

In brief: I do not understands

Are you saying that you had bunion surgery and now have pain on the ball of the foot? There are many reasons that you could have pain on the ball of the foot following bunion surgery.
It depends on the type of procedure that was performed, how long it has been since surgery, and your level of activity following surgery. Post operative complications could also contribute to pain.

In brief: I do not understands

Dr. Pamela Kirby
Dr. Pamela Kirby
Dr. David Laha
With many bunion surgeries, the first metatarsal, the bone with the bunion deformity, is broken and repositioned to correct the deformity. This will slightly shorten the first metatarsal which can transfer additional stress onto the second metatarsal. This may be one possible cause. Usually this will resolve over time with good shoes and orthotics. Dr L

In brief: Surgery

Transfer pain can occur after bunion surgery.
It may resolve spontaneously , but since you didn't state when you had surgery your best choice is to see your surgeon for assistance.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery