How could clostridium botulinum be cultured on agar?

Huh? You don't want to do that, otherwise you will have federal authorities knocking on your front door with a warrant for your arrest.
'Botox' organism. Clostridium botulinum is the bacterial species that produces the 'botox' toxin. It is actually a very dangerous bacterium and I would not advocate any sort of 'experiments' with that. Leave that to the experts who have biosafety labs. Of note, those who do home canning should be aware of cans that are swollen or seemingly abnormal - they could harbor the bacteria and it's deadly toxin. .