Who are considered the best otologists to perform a mastoidectomy?

Any. Ent doctors who have special training in the ear are called otologists. Some older ENT doctors who trained before specialty boards concentrated their practices on the ear and have a huge experience in performing mastoidectomies. The key for you is to find a doctor who does a lot of ear surgery. The more procedures he or she does the better they are at it generally.