My son needs an orchidopexy. I am very nervous he can't have kids?

Dr. Marc Zimmermann
In brief: The risk is low.
This is a risk. However, the procedure is relatively safe.
You should consult with the pediatrician or pediatric surgeon to learn the specifics of the risks and benefits of this procedure with your child.

In brief: The risk is low.
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. James Lin
Urology
In brief: Here are some ...
If orchidopexy is done for undescended testis in child, its goal is to help testicular growth so to preserve its function, but occasionally the vas or testicular artery may be comprimised so to affect sperm transportation and impair testicular growth and impact fetility; fortunetely, it is very rare.
If done for torsion, it would be impossible to affect fertility, but help & relieve recurrent pain

In brief: Here are some ...
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Cindy Juster