Oral piercing, how do I look after it?

Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
General Practice
In brief: Take it out
Take it out and clean it regularly and keep your teeth and gums very clean with routine brushing and flossing.

In brief: Take it out
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
In brief: Oral piercings
New Tongue Web Piercing – Rinse your mouth out after you eat & before going to bed at night.
Don't smoke or use chewing tobacco. New Tongue Piercing – emergency medical care is needed if swelling of tongue causes difficulty breathing. Brush & floss teeth twice a day after receiving a lip piercing.

In brief: Oral piercings
Dr. Scott Williams
Dentistry
In brief: Pierced
Metal tongue rings can cause significant damage to your teeth.
I often see chipping of front and back teeth with them, sometimes severe. Oral piercings look like other piercings. At times the pierced area can get infected and turn red around it. Most of the time the tissues handle it well.

In brief: Pierced
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Scott Williams