I have a toenail fungus (onychomycosis) - how can I get rid of it?

In brief: Oral meds
Toenail fungus needs oral medication to get rid of it from 3 to 6 months.
Lamisil, (terbinafine) sporonox, or Diflucan orally are the tretments depending on what fungus or yeast is growing from a culture taken from under the toenails.

In brief: Oral meds
Dr. Mary Ellen Luchetti
Dr. Mary Ellen Luchetti
Dr. Robert Lim
Podiatry
In brief: OTC and Rx
Depending on how severe it is, there are over the counter remedies and prescription remedies.
Prescriptions available through a podiatrist include oral pills (lamisil) and topicals (formula 3). Over the counter includes topicals such as fungoid tincture and tea tree oil. Everybody has diffiering opinions as to which is best. You may have to try a few to get the result you want.

In brief: OTC and Rx
Dr. Robert Lim
Dr. Robert Lim