Can you tell me about hormone replacement therapy for men?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Hormone replacement

I presume you have been diagnosed as having a low testosterone.
If so your doctor should have examined you and ordered appropriate lab studies to put you on the right track. If you haven't seen your doctor about this do so soon. The testosterone drugs are all good and reliable but vary greatly in cost.

In brief: Hormone replacement

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. DeWayde Perry
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Several options

Hormone replacement for men may involve multiple hormones.
These include thyroid, adrenal hormones, and sex hormones like testosterone. I presume you are referring to testosterone. The first step in hormone replacement is determining a need. Does the patient have signs and symptoms of low testosterone? From there, your doctor will review all of the replacement options of which there are many.

In brief: Several options

Dr. DeWayde Perry
Dr. DeWayde Perry
Dr. Adam Levy