What to do if I have severe pain in my occipital region of head, neck and ears. Sometimes pain radiates to shoulder joints and hands causing imobility?

Could Be Neck Issues. If preliminary evaluation by your primary doctor doesn't help, consider evaluation of your neck to make sure nothing is awry there. Many times the facet joints in the neck or even herniated disks could be a cause of this issue in the back of head. Alternatively it could also be occipital neuralgia in the back of the head if the neck evaluation reveals nothing.