I have lupus anticoagulant antibodies. Do I need to worry if I am on coumadin (warfarin)?

Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Little worry
Actually being on Coumadin (warfarin) if you have lupus anticoagulant is a very good idea if you have had a blood clot.

In brief: Little worry
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Coumadin (warfarin) works well!
The cascade of potential thrombosis mechanisms usually caused by acla -f the IgG or IgM class, is virtually blunted the coumadin (warfarin).
So little to worry about, providing someone is checking your protime and inr, to make sure you are in therapeutic range. Heparin and it's newer analogues may work better, but require injection.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology