I tested my bs after eating with a home blood sugar test and it was 168 is that ok?

Dr. Robert Lang
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Depends

If the test was 2 hours or more after eating that is too high and may indicate diabetes or prediabetes.
Do not test the blood sugar sooner than 2 hours after a meal. See your doctor for a hemoglobin A1c test which measures the blood star over the past 2 months. This is a good indicator of your blood sugar status.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Robert Lang
Dr. Robert Lang
Dr. Quang Nguyen
It should be < 140 2 hours after a meal but that's on a blood test, not the home meter test. See your doctor to have confirmatory blood tests.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: How long after food?

When using a lab, a blood sugar of < 140 mg/dl two hours following a meal is normal.
Home glucometers can be off, so 168 could potentially be higher or lower.

In brief: How long after food?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Steven Seres