I am 28 My moms mom died at 61 from breast cancer and my mom at 46 had abnormal mam with normal ultrasound says it's lymph node what does that mean?

Dr. Neel Karne
Surgery

In brief: Repeat ultrasound 6m

If your grandmother had breast cancer at the age of 61 and your mom who is now 46 has an abnormal mammogram but a normal ultrasound, the recommendation would be to recheck the ultrasound in 6 months.
If you can feel a lump are still concerned, it would be reasonable to do an ultrasound guided biopsy. It is very common to get lymph nodes that are abnormal on mammo but normal on ultrasound.

In brief: Repeat ultrasound 6m

Dr. Jane Van Dis