How dangerous is the Hib vaccine?

Not very! HIB vaccine is available in many forms & given in multiple doses to children under 5 years--often started at age 6-8 weeks. The vaccine may cause redness, slight swelling, even fever. The disease itself is much more serious if it strikes. Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease can cause meningitis, epiglottitis, pneumonia, arthritis, & cellulitis. Cases much reduced since vaccine.
NOT!! Currently, I am not aware of any reports of serious side effects or complications of the hib vaccine which has been around since the late 1980's.
Hib vaccine. Hib vaccine is as safe as any other chilhood vaccine.It is not dangerous and is given to babies in first and second year, and it has been very effective in preventing invasive h flu infections in children.