Can neuropathy spread? I have sudden onset peripheral neuropathy of the feet.It has not responded to standard treatment of several meds.I think its speading into my hands.My hands are numb and painful

Dr. Robert Roschmann
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: More neuropathy

There are many types of neuropathies.
One type is sometimes called a small fiber neuropathy and tends to occur in the feet first but over time it can start to involve the fingers and hands. Generally there are no cures for neuropathies but there are number of therapies that can generally reduce symptoms by as much as 50% . You may want to talk to your doctor to determine if you're on the optimal dose of the current medication

In brief: More neuropathy

There are many types of neuropathies.
Dr. Robert Roschmann
Dr. Robert Roschmann
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Yes it can

Peripheral neuropathy also called sensorimotor neuropathy is a nerves dysfunction in the arms and legs.
Feet and legs are likely to be first affected then later hands and arms. Common symptoms are numbness, a tingling, burning, prickling, sharp pain, weight loss and depression. Percocet, Vicodin from your list are effective primarily in acute pain conditions. Neuropathy is a chronic pain.

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Vikram Patel