Why is mammography not recommended as screening tool for women in 30s to check for breast cancer? Bc their risk is low or bc of dense breasts?

Both. Younger women are at lower risk, and the sensitivity of mammo is decreased in the setting of dense breasts(which tend to be in younger women). There is no compelling scientific data that demonstrates any benefit to screening average risk women in their 30s. However, high risk younger women(e.g. BRCA carriers) may be candidates for screening in their 30s or even younger.
Actually combination. of both. Risk/benefit ratio is high for this age group to recommend routine screening mammography, unless there is genetic predisposition or positive family history.