Are there any free mental health facilities?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

Community mental health clinics operate in many counties as part of the public health system. Look up "county government services" in your phone book, or search online.
Generally cmhcs accept medicare and/or medicaid for payment, but will offer free services without these. For more severe situations, many public general hospitals offer psychiatric hospitalization for the uninsured.

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Timothy Gunn
Clinical Psychology

I know we have them in california and i expect most states have them. I recommend you call the state run insurance for your state to ask them (e.
g. Medical in california). You should also check with any local universities that have a graduate psychology program since they usually have free or low cost clinics for where the doctoral students see clients. I hope that helps!

Dr. Timothy Gunn
Dr. Timothy Gunn
Dr. Howard Gurr
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Free mental health

There are many kinds of support groups for addictions, eating disorders, and mental illnesses that are free.
There may be low cost mental health services available in your area. I suggest you call local hospitals, mental health associations or regional psychological associations and see if they have resources for free mental health services.

In brief: Free mental health

Dr. Howard Gurr
Dr. Howard Gurr