If I took one hit of medicinal marihuana, and I'm 25 weeks pregnant, how long will it take to get out of my system and my unborn babies system?

Dr. Jane Steiner

In brief: Medical Marijuana...

...is still marijuana.
Smoking nicotine cigarettes or smoking pot-- neither is good for your baby.

In brief: Medical Marijuana...

...is still marijuana.
Dr. Jane Steiner
Dr. Jane Steiner

In brief: Define "out"

Your baby starts making meconium after 12 weeks and that will store evidence of any drug exposure for months if not the whole pregnancy.
If you stay off the radar of CFS there would be little chance anyone would look for this, but if you continue or end up on their list, the area hospitals would routinely do both urine and meconium testing.

In brief: Define "out"

In brief: Under 30 days

A small amount should have minimal issues, and certainly will be undetectable over a few weeks, but best to avoid all such items during pregnancy.

In brief: Under 30 days

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: What does "out of my

system" and "baby's system" mean to you.
In terms of getting any appreciable or even detectable THC levels after a single "hit" it may be detectable for 24-48 hours at most, and its acute effects on either you or your baby will only last for a few hours. However, it will stay in baby's stool (meconium) through birth. Stay away from ANY unnecessary drugs, prescribed or no, in pregnancy!

In brief: What does "out of my

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Jane Van Dis