Is it true that sporonox 200 is bad news for my liver? I got athletes foot that wont go away and my Dr. In S.A. Prescribed it?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: Sporonax

This is an anti-fungal.
All anti fungals do result in some form of liver issue. Most of the time its tolerated well. Fatal issues can occur sometimes. I assume you tried topical antifungals first.

In brief: Sporonax

This is an anti-fungal.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Doug Mason
Usually for Tinea pedis infections, the first line of defense is usually a topical. Naftin gel 2% is a great choice. Apply once daily for 10 days. It usually solves the problem. If not I usually give one week of Lamisil pills which is an oral anti-fungal. These oral meds do not cause liver problems, they just make the liver work harder to break down the medication.
Dr. Shontae Buffington