2 weeks of lower abdominal pain. Taking miralax (polyethylene glycol) for constipation. Motrin for abdominal pain. ?

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Should be checked

Pain on the left side or under the belly button could be diverticulitis.
R lower could be a chronic appendicitis. You state to be taking laxatives so I believe defecation is difficult. I would recommend a physician evaluation blood count to see if the white cells are up, a gastroentrologist or internist are good stating points but dont keep putting this off.

In brief: Should be checked

Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Olusoji Peter

In brief: Needs physical exam

abdominal pain sometimes could be a sign of serious intra-abdominal conditions and other times it could be non specific.
You did not mention nausea of vomiting or any fever or chills. I suppose bowel disturbance is your first differential. Are you eating enough fiber in your diet and drinking enough water? I would highly recommend you do that and if your symptoms persist you need to see an IM Dr

In brief: Needs physical exam

Dr. Olusoji Peter
Dr. Olusoji Peter
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery