Is it possible to still get cavities if i've had a fissure sealant put on my teeth?

Dr. Stanley Siu
Dentistry - Cosmetic
Sealants are typically only placed on the occlusal (biting) surface, buccal (cheek) pits & fissures & lingual (tongue) grooves.
Sealants do not provide any protection for interproximal areas (in-between) teeth so that's why daily flossing is recommended. If a sealant starts to break down, decay may start to occur underneath or around the failing sealant. Hence, regular check-ups with your dentist.

Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Eric Eltzroth
Dentistry
Sealants only decrease the chance of developing cavities.
They can't prevent them 100% of the time.

Dr. Eric Eltzroth
Dr. Eric Eltzroth
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
There are no absolutes in anything in health care.
I would believe that sealants could obscure an underlying problem. This is an area best for dentists though.

Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Cindy Juster