I have a family history of colon cancer, grandpa died of it at 42. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Donald Kim
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Perhaps

Colon cancer at a young age may be associated with a familial predisposition.
What is the history of other related family members?Typically we would recommend starting colorectal cancer screening earlier in a patient with a family history. Usually 10 years earlier, i.e. 32 in this case. This would certainly be true for your father or mother. Other assoc cancers, include uterine, ovarian, pancreas.

In brief: Perhaps

Dr. Donald Kim
Dr. Donald Kim

In brief: Yes concerned

Yes you have to be concerned , compel you go for early detection and cure.
. You should have a colonoscopy now follow up as indicated by your doctor and a sure way for cure.

In brief: Yes concerned

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Adam Smith