Can OCD cause loud internal dialog?When my OCD acts up I get normal obsessive thoughts but also loud "yelling" in my head. It's not auditory hallucination, just loud obsessive thoughts.Is this normal?

Dr. Margret Rose Dellosso
Clinical Psychology

Thoughts get louder the longer we focus on them. If the thoughts surround the things we obsess about then anxiety makes the volume increase.
Learn to distract yourself and use positive self talk to compete with the thoughts. Psychopharmacology and Talk therapy, specifically coginitive behavioral therapy also helps. You don't need to live in such discomfort! Take Care

Dr. Eric Weisman