What is advantage of laporascopic repair of inguinal hernia?

Laparoscopic hernia. I perform both open and laparoscopic hernias, but would have it done laparoscopically if I had a hernia. The lap hernia has a smaller scar, less pain, quicker recovery time, allows you to look at the opposite side for a hernia (and repair it if found) and the same recurrence rate as open inguinal hernia repairs. .
Less pain/recovery . On average, laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair has less pain and shorter recovery compared to open hernia repair. This is however dependent on the training and experience of the surgeon. If the surgeon doesn't have enough experience with a laparoscopic approach, and open approach is probably better. The best approach however is the one the surgeon feels most comfortable with.
Fix both sides. The adv of lap hernia is the quicker recovery time, ability to fix the other side if a hernia is seen. Lap also avoids the large inguinal incision that would be needed for an open surgery. It does sometimes result in some scrotal swelling the resolves relatively quickly. .
Shorter recovery tim. Laparascopic surgery ios performed thru a scope/ small hole and not thru an open incision. Therefore healing is usually faster as is recovery time.