Can a dental nurse train in botox & dermal fillers?

Dr. Bob Ourian
Dermatology
Anyone can go through the training course.
However, the laws of most states only allow doctors, physician assistants, and medical nurses to inject Botox and dermal fillers into patients. You should check with your state's medical and dental board in regards to the rules in your state.

Dr. Bob Ourian
Dr. Bob Ourian
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: It depends
In some states, nurses are not allowed to inject Botox and fillers; in others, they are allowed if under a physician's supervision.
If you want to know about your state, contact the board of nursing and ask them.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: While you can
Certainly take the course, you will have to check with your state board of nursing to see whether this is within the scope of nursing practice in your area.

In brief: While you can
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Possibly in Cali
I understand that in california, dentists commonly inject Botox in addition tom numerous other cosmetic procedures.
I do not know state regulations specifically with regards to dentists but it would seem that this would be in their practice scope particularly if treating tmj.

In brief: Possibly in Cali
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Eric Weisman