Can a dental nurse train in botox & dermal fillers?

Dr. Bob Ourian
Dermatology

Anyone can go through the training course.
However, the laws of most states only allow doctors, physician assistants, and medical nurses to inject Botox and dermal fillers into patients. You should check with your state's medical and dental board in regards to the rules in your state.

Dr. Bob Ourian
Dr. Bob Ourian
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends

In some states, nurses are not allowed to inject Botox and fillers; in others, they are allowed if under a physician's supervision.
If you want to know about your state, contact the board of nursing and ask them.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: While you can

Certainly take the course, you will have to check with your state board of nursing to see whether this is within the scope of nursing practice in your area.

In brief: While you can

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possibly in Cali

I understand that in california, dentists commonly inject Botox in addition tom numerous other cosmetic procedures.
I do not know state regulations specifically with regards to dentists but it would seem that this would be in their practice scope particularly if treating tmj.

In brief: Possibly in Cali

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik