What are the chances of my children being bipolar if I am?

Dr. John Moranville

In brief: Very high

The genetic component of bipolar disorder has not been fully worked out and there are a lot of variables that effect whether a gene is expressed even if it is present, but family studies show a high rate of transmissibility.
By traditional genetic models, the rate of transmission would be 25-50% depending on the mode of inheritance.

In brief: Very high

Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville

In brief: From 2003 study:

1parent bipolar 1 not: 15-30%; 2 parents 50-75%; 1 child with, 2nd child 15-25%; 1 id twin with, 2nd id twin 85%.
But figres like this do not take into account the cross inheritance of other mood disorders and rarely discriminate fully between bpd i and ii.(but i and ii is an important distinction for you).

In brief: From 2003 study:

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover