My adolescent medicine doctor always takes a urine sample at apptsdoes she test for pregnancy?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Possibly

Ask your dr., you will get the answer. The urine test will check for a possible urinary tract infection and presence or absence of sugar and/or protein.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Ryan Nishihara
Yes, ask your doctor. You have the right to know. Your doctor should inform you of the reason why tests are being conducted. Urine tests can check for potential problems in the kidney, as well as for a pregnancy test and sometimes sexually transmitted diseases.

In brief: Maybe

It would be routine for any kid seeking birth control pills.
It would be billed separately from a urinalysis and show up on insurance documents. It is usually done to screen for kidney health. Since your listed age puts you out of the range treated by an adolescent doc, I suppose you are asking about a relative. If she is over 18 you must ask her.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Adam Levy