I have stage III colon cancer with 2 lymph nodes involved. I was too weak to go through chemo, but now after 6 months, am I sure to get it again?

Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Maybe not.
Although having disease in the lymph nodes increases the risk the disease is floating in the blood (which is why chemotherapy is effective in improving survival as it kills disease everywhere-including the blood) the relapse rate for stage 3 disease untreated is not 100%.
You may still beat it. I would suggest speaking with an oncologist to see if treatment now would be of benefit.

In brief: Maybe not.
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Stage 3 colon cancer
Nothing is 100% for sure.
Discuss this with your surgeon to get the facts in your case. Everyone is different.

In brief: Stage 3 colon cancer
Nothing is 100% for sure.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
While there is clear indication to get chemotherapy, if you were too weak, you probably should not have received it. There is relative benefit to chemo, but some who get it, still fail; and some that do not, never fail. Check with the Medical Oncologist that you should have seen 6 months ago.
Dr. Marsha Davis