When a baby is teething and poops more frequently would this cause a diaper rash?

It can. Some children seem to change their saliva when teething (probably to help the tooth pop through the gums) which can be quite irritating and can cause a rash around the lips, and on the other end, diaper rash as well as green diarrhea. Diaper rashes can also be due to candida (yeast). See your doctor to check it out.
Not teething. Teething really isn't going to be the cause of diaper rash. Now the pooping part will increase your child's risk of contact diaper dermatitis. Just change the diaper diligently to avoid prolonged contact of the diaper contents with the skin.