What is a good schedule for sharing nighttime responsibilities with my husband?

Dr. Shannon Cole

In brief: Night schedule

I recommend getting your newborn on a 10 pm, 2 am, 6 am feeding schedule if possible.
Mom and dad can rotate the 2 am feeding every other night to allow every other night sleeping 8 hrs. This works for most infants as early as 4-8 weeks if term baby. I also highly recommend mom napping once a day with the baby during the first 2 months if possible.

In brief: Night schedule

Dr. Shannon Cole
Dr. Shannon Cole
Dr. Lawrence Wasser

In brief: Take turns

Take turns responding to your crying infant.
If you are breastfeeding, dad can get the baby, change the diaper and bring him to you to feed.

In brief: Take turns

Dr. Lawrence Wasser
Dr. Lawrence Wasser
Dr. Shontae Buffington