My daughter just turned 8 months & has yet to get her first tooth should I be worried? Also no signs of teething is this normal?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Teething

No reason to worry.
The teething in babies vary from babies born with teeth to babies having first tooth near age of 12 months, i can assure you if baby is otherwise healthy and normal on exam by youe pediatrician, teeth will come, just be patient.

In brief: Teething

No reason to worry.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Don't worry

Personally, my own son did not cut his first tooth until 13 months.
Some kids are early, others take longer. Everyone is different. The teeth are there and they will come in when the time is right. Seeing a pediatic dentist may ease your concerns.

In brief: Don't worry

Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Too early to worry.

Normal age range for eruption of the first tooth, which usually is the lower front tooth, is 6 to 10 months old.
Late bloomers can take even longer. If no signs of teething or eruption have occurred by one year old, i would recommend seeing a pedodontist (dental specialist for children).

In brief: Too early to worry.

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Probably fine

Kids can have a huge range of ages when they erupt their first tooth.
I've seen kids 3-4months old, and kids a year old erupting their first tooth. Your child is probably just going to fall on the late side of the curve. However, if no teeth by one year, would check with a pediatric dentist.

In brief: Probably fine

Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Jonathan Jassey