Have a 25 day old go from 2.766kg to 3.15kg in 2 hrs, & then be consistent at 3.245kg? I'm not allowed to feed, only supplement. Birth wt 7.1.

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Need more info.
You didn't mention how long your baby has been at 3.
245 kg. Unless your baby ate almost 13 ounces in 2 hours, it may have been scale error or a different scale. It's great that your baby is back up above birth weight, though! i hope your doctor recommended that you pump and store your breast milk. If your baby gains about 30 grams (1 ounce) daily, that's what we aim for.

In brief: Need more info.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
3 comments
Dr. Cindy Juster
It sounds like he was weighed on 2 different scales -- one at his Dr.'s office and one at the hospital. See what happens over the next 1-2 days; if his weight trends upward, then you're on the right track. If not, I'm sure the Dr. will evaluate him to find out why. I hope things go well with you and your son!
Dr. Cindy Juster
Right now, while they are ensuring that he's gaining weight steadily, use formula, but pump frequently and start a 'stockpile' in your freezer. Mother's Milk tea (a combo of chamomile, fenugreek, and other lactation-enhancing herbs produced by Traditional Medicinals tea) can help, as can ensuring that you are staying really well-hydrated and taking your prenatal vitamins.
Dr. Jane Van Dis