How to effectively quit smoking? My girl is pissed that I smoke and worried that I might get impotent

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Many things

There are many ways to quit smoking: medications such as Chantix & wellbutrin, (bupropion) patches, gum, lozenges, going cold turkey, weaning the cigarettes the most important part of quitting is wanting to quit & being ready.
I would recommend speaking with your physician about your options. Try decreasing one cig per week until you are left with the ones that you really need. Its a start while you get help.

In brief: Many things

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Two things to beat

One is the habit.
You sometimes look down and see a cigarette in your hands without realizing you did it. That's the habit you have to beat. The second is the addiction. Nicotine is very addicting, and that's where drugs can help to reduce craving and withdrawal. Pick a date, tell your friends/family to help, get rid of ash trays, and avoid friends who smoke. You can do this.

In brief: Two things to beat

One is the habit.
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Steven Seres