Is it a bad idea to send birth announcements while my baby is still in the nursery?

Dr. Gregg Alexander

In brief: When you find time!

Birth announcements are wonderful to send any time after the baby's birth.
But, don't stress about getting them out at any certain time; you'll have enough to do for the first few weeks. Send them whenever you feel comfortable and don't feel like you must stress yourself additionally to get them out at some predetermined time.

In brief: When you find time!

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Gregg Alexander
2 comments
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Perfect answer!!!
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thank you, Dr. Alexander. I still have unsent announcements for the birth of my preemie. I really appreciate your sensitivity to the tremendous commitment of parents to be at the side of their preemies daily, to be doing kangaroo care and incessant pumping, to be handling other matters often after weeks of hospitalization, and to be in the process of recovery themselves as many moms had abdominal deliveries. THANKS from all of us. I will share this on @DrPam4Women and @AnIndianYear (my 'preemie'). --Pam
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: The joy of birth

Labor is traumatic for mother and child, and a few babies, and mothers will have complications.
You should give thanks and express your joy with the miracle of birth, whenever you have the energy and desire.

In brief: The joy of birth

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Jane Van Dis