What are some symptoms of cystic fibrosis. 4month old w/ recurrent URI & GERD & mid retractions for over 4 weeks? Dr not too concered.

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: CF screening

Presenting symptoms in CF can be varied and can be missed early in life.
Some of the symptoms include poor growth, oily stools, constipation, meconium ileus, coughing, wheezing, recurrent lung infections, if you would like me to review the records, they can be faxed to prmg, 858 259 9689 at no charge to you. You may want to discuss CF screening with your physician.

In brief: CF screening

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh

In brief: Salty sweat/poo smel

A common presentation for CF kids is poo smell that will empty a house & sweat that is really salty.
Respiratory symptoms rarely present in early infancy.

In brief: Salty sweat/poo smel

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology