What exposes the body to more: radiation bone scan or computed tomography?

CT vs bone scan. The amount of CT radiation exposure depends on the type of CT. Average effective radiation dose for bone scan is about 6 mSv. Dose for head CT is 2mSv, for abdomen CT is 8 mSv, and for CT angiogram 16mSv.
Depends on body part. Children dose is by weight. For adult patient effective radiation dose in mSv is: bone scan 4.2 mSv CT abdomen 10.0 mSv CT head 2.0 mSv CT chest 8.0 mSv Information obtained is different for these studies. Bone scan can give information about entire skeleton. CT exams are limited to certain portions of body and not whole body.