I have mild to moderate allergies to chicken, beef, pork, strawberries, and watermelons. Will eating these foods keep me from losing weight?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Food allergy
Food allergy has no relationship with wt gain or weight loss.
If you have a true allergy to these foods, you should be careful and not eat any of these.

In brief: Food allergy
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Stevan Cordas
In brief: Weight and allergy
Sometimes allergy tests on the skin are false positives and you may eat the food.
How do these foods bother you after you eat them? If nothing occurs either within the first 30 minutes or later on, 2 to 6 hours later, then it won't affect weight gain or loss one way or another.

In brief: Weight and allergy
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Steven Seres