I have been on a diet/exercise program since 1/1/ and lost 10lbs, goal is 15lbs more. I'm also nursing a baby. Is it true nursing causes fat storage?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Keep nursing.

Nursing is a great way to help lose weight.
It can help take off an extra 300-400 kcals per day. It's good for you and baby! make sure to stay hydrated and keep doing what you're doing with th diet and exercise!

In brief: Keep nursing.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Maybe

Nursing can help lose weight b/c it burns 500cal/day.
However there is some fat that you still need to make breast milk which can keep up to 8-10lbs on some women. The longer they continue to breastfeed, the weight tends to come off. Keep eating healthy, take your baby for walks, drink more water and it will come off.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Adam Levy