What other infections cause rashes on skin and red bumps in face besides chicken pox. My son is 4?

Many. There are many other illness that cause rashes. Most of them are viral. If your child still has the rash i would see your doctor.
Viruses, mostly. Viral rashes are common in kids; chicken pox is the most popular, but just about any virus can cause a rash. Other possibilities include allergic reactions to medications or food additives, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, and other things. It's impossible to make a precise diagnosis without seeing the rash, so you should consult a dermatologist, especially if your son is running a fever.