My baby is 11 mo. Old and losing interest in breast feeding. I nursed my first 2 babies until 18 mo. What are some reasons she is losing interest?

In brief: Less needy

Bf is a combination of nutrition & personal intimacy which solidifies the bond between mother & kid.
Some kids are pre- wired to be less needy & more interested in exploring the world than cuddling. If baby is only feeding for 5-10 minutes/side & squirming to get off, they may be ready to wean.Get ready to check the locks & get new running shoes, this kid may keep you busy.

In brief: Less needy

Dr. Cindy Juster