Does taking birth control pills increase my risk for stroke?

Answer. Contraceptives may increase the risk of tromboembolism, discontinue if an arterial or venous thrombotic event occurs, use with caution in cardiovascular disease , can lead to increased risk of stroke or mi( myocardial infarction), check with your doctor to rule out any underlying condition you might be having before starting on a regimen, the right dose makes a big difference on reported side effects.
Yes. Slightly. Birth contol pills (and the patch) can slightly increase your risk for blood clots and strokes. If you smoke or you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, you have an even higher risk.