What to do if for 6 years I have been on demerol (meperidine hydrochloride) for pain management.?

Is your. Pain source gone and wish to get off narcotics or want to switch to something else .
Demerol (meperidine hydrochloride) Demerol (meperidine hydrochloride) can have adverse effects that may be difficult to manage. My advice is to get off of it as soon as possible. Get proper evaluation from a qualified pain specialist. There are several newer options for treating pain without addictive drugs. If you post your pain symptoms here, you can get proper advise from several specialists. .