Can I take one tylenol (acetaminophen) for mild hangover? I almost never drink (avg<1 a month)but had a celebratory evening. I do take tylenol (acetaminophen) periodically.

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Not good idea

Tylenol (acetaminophen) and alcohol combined not good for your liver. NSAIDs OTC is OK for headache.
Hangover is always the unpleasant symptoms accompanied by headache nausea, fatigue, sensitivity to light and sound. Drink altos of water, rest and drink some Gatorade. Feel better.

In brief: Not good idea

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Mohammed Karim

Hangover and headache is usually caused by mild hyponatremia (low sodium).
This is esepcailly happend with binge drinking and beer drinking. Replet salt (sodium) is the answer to headache and hangover. The easy way to take sodium is mix quarter to half spoon of table salt with half glass of water and drink it. Tylenol (acetaminophen) also helps but be careful too much of it can cause damage to liver.

Dr. Mohammed Karim
Dr. Mohammed Karim
Dr. Eric Weisman