Would you recommend having corrective surgery with mesh for bladder stress incontinence?

Yes. As long as it was just a mesh sling, and not mesh for lifting up the whole bladder, the fda has stated there are no problems with the small amount of mesh used just for incontinence.
Yes. Treatment for stress urinary incontince is most often treated with a mid-urethral sling. Attempt to use various biological products & native tissue have shown to have high failure rates. Current modern mesh has been shown to be safe & effective when used for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence. The fda issue is a complex one but the use of mesh in sui is generally accepted.
Generally yes. But like any surgery there are risks and not everyone has a good result. Make sure your surgeon does these surgeries regularly. .