Can you give me some advice about ovarian, uterine or cervical cancers?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: What's the question?

It's hard to give general advice, but I'll do my best.
Ovarian, uterine and cervical cancers are different even though they're gynecologic cancers. Ovarian cancer symptoms are vague...bloating, back pain, or bowel changes. Uterine cancer is most common in older women and causes post-menopausal bleeding. Cervical cancer is associated with HPV and is detected by regular PAP smears. Does that help?

In brief: What's the question?

Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Eric Chevlen
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Typical symptoms

Cervical cancer can be detected early by routine Pap smears.
The most common symptom of uterine cancer is vaginal bleeding after menopause. Ovarian cancer usually causes a heavy "bloated" feeling in the pelvis. If you have symptoms to suggest any of these cancers, you should consult your physician promptly. Early diagnosis and treatment improves outcomes.

In brief: Typical symptoms

Dr. Eric Chevlen
Dr. Eric Chevlen
Dr. Jane Van Dis