Lumbar MRI showed N impingement @ L5-S1 & poss surgery'd be microdiscectomy to remove extruded part w/ min recovery. Now symptoms indicate L3-L4 impingement too. How would this change poss surgery/recovery?

Back surgery. You need to ask your surgeon, however if MRI was fairly recent and showed no problems at L3/L4 then answer probably no change. Pain could be from the extruded fragment migrating slightly and/or inflammation. If you were to have additional disc problems at L3/L4 then surgery somewhat lengthened but really shouldn't affect recovery much. .
Include L3-4 too. Surgery could possibly be extended to include L3-4 as well as L5-S1 microdiskectomy; same surgery, just 2 levels rather than 1. Recovery would be slightly more painful, slightly longer, otherwise same plan & prognosis for recovery. Good luck!