Emts thought my allergy induced asthma attack was a panic attack, could this be true?

Maybe. Did you have a thorough medical assessment ? There could sometimes be a mix of symptoms. Since there may be some overlap in sxs - a concentrated eval is the best way to distinguish.
Depends. If your lung function test was otherwise normal during an attack, then the problem is likely from something else. Whether it was from a panic attack or not needs to be evaluated by your doctor. Do note that vocal cord dysfunction (when the vocal cord closes up while breathing in ) may be misdiagnosed as a panic attack. If this has been frequent, consult an allergist.