Can infertility or pregnancy loss emotions be triggered years later?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Yes, variable

Infertility and pregnancy loss are emotional, stressful events in anyone's life.
I suspect that this is true for similarly emotional times in people's lives. I am not a psychiatrist but my experience suggests your suspicions are correct. We have great mental health professionals who can assist you dealing with these feelings. Hopefully, you had a successful outcome to balance the losses.

In brief: Yes, variable

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Pathology

How could any person who loves and is loved possibly not feel sad even years later for such a terrible disappointment? Perhaps both the event and the feelings will help move you to find some other way to serve young people -- there are kids in your community who need warmth and guidance.
Be strong, look for opportunities to love, and cherish who you are.

Your courage in raising these subjects in this forum will help many others. Thank you.
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Delayed grief...

Not uncommon at all.
.. Delayed grief refers to any reaction that occurs later than usual, as a delayed onset of symptoms.... The reaction to the loss is postponed until a later time, even years later, and might be triggered by a seemingly unrelated event, such as a recent divorce or the loss of a pet... Rule of thumb: there is no bad timing when it comes to the psyche needing to emote.

In brief: Delayed grief...

Not uncommon at all.
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Emotions/loss

Post-traumatic issues can reoccur years after the trauma.
Cognitive therapy can help.

In brief: Emotions/loss

Cognitive therapy can help.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali

Certainly.

Certainly.
Dr. Richard Levin
Dr. Richard Levin
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham