Does anyone have polycystic ovarian syndrome? What is treatment?

About 1 in 10! About 10% of women of reproductive age have pcos! it is the most common hormone imbalance in women and a major cause of fertility problems. The treatment depends on the goal - is the goal to treat unwanted hair growth, acne, obesity, irregular menses, or fertility? In general, if someone is not ttc, she is treated one way, while she is treated differently if she is ttc. See a board certified re!
Decrease insulin res. Pcos is a manifestation of Insulin resistance, which indicates pre-diabetes or diabetes 2.There are many derangments including those of adrenal androgen, a higher free testosterone, eradication of/or irregular cycles.Hirsuitism and acne increase with these androgens. A woman's cycle becomes annovulatory. Glucophage (metformin) is the preferred treatment of the problem. Clomiphene is used to help ovulation.