My pectus excavatum suddenly got worse, is it dangerous? I am slumping doing computer work all day.

Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Age?CAT scan?Echo?

Insufficient data to give a proper answer.

In brief: Age?CAT scan?Echo?

Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Eric Toloza
usually pectus by itself doesn't suddenly get worse ... if you mean your breathing or exercise intolerance suddenly got worse, perhaps you had a pulmonary embolus? ... if symptoms persist or worsen, need to see your MD ...
Dr. Marco Paliotta
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Understandable......

I'm curious to know what is your age? Typically, chest wall deformities appear during early childhood and may progress rapidly in severity during the growth spurt.
If it's gotten worse recently and you're older, it's probably not related to your posture. Also, although it may be associated with pain and shortness of breath, pectus is not a life threatening condition unless extremely severe.

In brief: Understandable......

Dr. Marco Paliotta
Dr. Marco Paliotta